Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Whale of a Sale" and more




For 21 years, The Jacksonville Junior League has held a fundraiser named "Whale of a Sale". It features gently used items donated by members of the Junior League. The proceeds are donated back into the community.

I had heard about this event for many years, but this was my first time to attend. I arrived around 30 minutes prior to open. There were well over 200 people already in line! After the doors opened, shoppers burst through to start their search. They had a great array of merchandise, with the best items being children's clothing and toys. I picked up some glassware, stationary, and cocktail plates.

Since I was already up early, I decided to check out some garage sales in one of the more upscale communities in Jacksonville. I stumbled upon 2 lovely milkglass vases, priced at 50 cents a piece!

Here are pictures of some of my finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment