Sunday, February 24, 2013

Dark Chocolate Cookies with White Chocolate Chips - Hey, that's pintastic!


Today, I'm admitting one of my secret shames. I'm painfully weak to Subway's double chocolate cookies. I'm not a huge Subway fan, mostly because I smell like the bread whenever I leave. However, I will "u-turn, be late returning from lunch, wait in line" LOVE these cookies.

But remember when I used to bake?? I haven ot made the time since returning to the outside work world in January. However, we needed to clean out the pantry. What better way than to bake up a batch of my secret shame cookies! A quick search on Pinterest yielded this recipe for Dark Chocolate Cookies with White Chips.

                                                               Source: anecdotesandapples.weebly.com via natylite78 on Pinterest


I made some adjustments in the directions. I omitted the salt because I used salted butter. I included what brands I used for some of the items as I think it makes a difference!

Dark Chocolate Cookies with White Chips 
Adapted from http://anecdotesandapples.weebly.com

1 3/4 cup AP flour (King Arthur's Unbleached AP)1/4 cup plus 2 TBSP cocoa powder (Hershey's Unsweetened)1/2 tsp baking soda1/2 tsp salt1 cup packed brown sugar1/2 cup granulated sugar12 TBSP butter (melted and cooled) (Kerry Gold SALTED)1 egg1 egg yolk1 tsp vanilla extract1-2 cups white chocolate chips (Nestle, but Ghiradelli would be great too)
1.  In a medium bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients.  Set aside.  2.  In a large bowl Using a stand mixer, cream together your melted and cooled butter with your brown sugar and granulated sugar for 2-3 minutes (longer if creaming by hand).  Add in your egg and yolk, cream until fully incorporated into batter.  Stir in your vanilla extract.  3.  Add your dry ingredients and mix together until combined.  Stir in your white chocolate chips to taste, adding more if you prefer your cookies with extra chocolate.  4.  Scoop out batter using a 1/4 measuring cup  cookie scoop.  Divide dough into two smaller balls and place on a Place greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.  Chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes, then bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 14 minutes.  Allow to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack  


Verdict: Delicious! Dare I say a little better than the Subway ones (J believes it is the Kerry Gold's doing!)

I'm linking up with AP at I Love You More Than Carrots for Hey, that's Pintastic!



i love you more than carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment