Friday, March 7, 2014

Fiscal Friday: Financial Updates!



For this month's fiscal responsibility post, I didn't have a particular topic in mind. But I do have some random financial updates that I wanted to share.

(1) My last credit card was paid off! I had this old BoA card that had debt from silly things like concert tickets, hotels, clothes that i have since donated, etc etc. It was a reminder of mindless and irresponsible spending. I had planned for it to be done by May, but knocking it out early is a bonus!

(2) Taxes. Oh taxes. We did not put good plans in place to handle our changes in our financial situation (new jobs etc). So what did that mean? A big fat amount to pay. Oy.

(3) To help not repeat #2 in 2014, I upped my retirement contributions. Nothing makes you feel like an adult that putting money away from retirement.

Any financial news in your world? Join in the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #fiscalresponsibility. Also be sure to visit Christina and Katie's blogs!




1 comment:

  1. I am excited... i have under $1k in credit card debt (and that's about to be paid off) and my car is paid off! It is so wild to have so much more money in my account every month! I have to tell myself to not go shopping all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete