Saturday, April 26, 2014

2014 RAP Tour of Homes

One of my favorite activities is going on home tours. I feel like it is like watching HGTV, but live action! I attended the Riverside Avondale Preservation's Tour of Homes. with my mom. Coincidentally, it was also her birthday! We enjoyed peaking into some of the nicest homes in the historic district. 

I tried to limit the number of pictures, but we saw some many nice things. It was hard to narrow it down! We toured four homes total, then relaxed in the air-conditioned oasis of Biscotti's and enjoyed a relaxing lunch. These pictures are from my two favorite houses.



I think this was my favorite house. It was on a quiet cul de sac by the river. 


Front porch sitting would not be hard here!


Love this huge sink, located on the back porch



This room was my favorite. They converted the second floor porch (see first picture) into a grandkids room! Not pictured is a living room area with oversized couches and tv. Also not pictured was a stellar library with plenty of children's books and a desk area.



The next set of pictures are from the first home we toured.  I dream of having a bar cart in my home.


Shoe shelves in one of their daughter's room. The piece did not take up a lot of space. I feel like J and I have a wall where we could have something like this (for all his sneakers!) Edit: This is not from the first house we saw. This was in my fave house above!


The first home had an amazing pool house, complete with al fresco dining. 


Gas powered fire pit!

My mom had never attended a home tour before. It was fun to share it with her and celebrate her birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment