Sunday, May 25, 2014

San Francisco


Our good friends have left us for the West Coast. While an amazing opportunity, we sure will miss them. San Francisco is one of my favorite cities around. In fact, J and I honeymooned there! Here are some of my favorite San Francisco places and spaces (in case the B's need any ideas!)

Palace of Fine Arts - I feel this place is slightly magical. Ever since I watched "So I Married An Axe Murderer" and saw Nancy Travis and Mike Myers traipsing through the park, I knew I had to visit. I've been to San Francisco four times and I never miss going to this place!

Goldilocks - This is THE Filipino bakery. There are a handful of US locations, with one being right in San Francisco. For a first timer, I'd recommend some enseymada (Filipino brioche) or mocha roll.

Jollibee - Another Filipino staple with a location in San Francisco. Jollibee is an experience. Perhaps only a "try once" kind of place. Get the Chicken Joy. Or at least watch these folks try Jollibee for the first time.

Golden Gate Park - What a treasure in San Francisco! There are so many activities available. My personal favorite activities include tea at the Japanese Tea Garden and peddling (by boat) around Stow Lake. I enjoyed looking at all the statues and watching people practice Tai Chi.

Like many big cities, San Francisco offers great events such as movies in the park and festivals. I just know they will soak it all up.

P.S. Let me know when you make it to Berkeley and see your first protest :)

P.P.S. - Miss y'all already.





No comments:

Post a Comment