Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Monday, January 28, 2013
Saturday, January 26, 2013
January was a "spendy" month. However, in my defense, a lot was purchased with Christmas gift cards! I pinky swear.
1. Lace top - Willi Smith, TJ Maxx - Clearance price $8.00 (Gift Card)
2. Black jersey dress with 3/4 length sleeves - ABS, Marshalls - Clearance price $14.99 (Gift Card)
3. Red drapey top - Willi Smith, TJ Maxx - $14.99 (Gift Card)
4. Tan pointed toe flats - Mia, 6pm.com - $69.99
5. Blue ponte knot blazer - TJ Maxx - $24.99 (Gift Card)
Not pictured is the new pair of Stephen Bonanno Sandals, purchased during 50% anniversary sale. I ordered a Navy pair of monogrammed Emmas with white whipstitch. Cost w/shipping $97.00.
Total (including gift cards) - $229.96
Total (of just my own money) - $166.69
Y'all. I want to shop so bad. Especially since I'm back in an office environment. However, I'm continuing to challenge myself to remix what I already have. It is not like I don't have new stuff (see above!). I plan to be more behaved in February!!
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Charming but Single - Charming was an anon blogger from Atlanta who shared her witty insights into her dating lifestyle. She was incredibly engaging and honest about her quest for love. She went dark in December 2008. Her site is still active, so if you had not heard of her, you can still catch up on her posts. I wonder if she is still blogging, perhaps under a different name?
Hope and the Dress Code - Hope was/is a teacher with a darling sense of style. It was attainable (i.e. not high end), so I was definitely inspired. She went dark in 2011. Her blog is currently set to private. I don't know if she has resumed posting. If you know her and can tell me, I would appreciate it!
EuroChic - EuroChic was an anon blogger who embraced the simple European lifestyle. She was always very purposeful in her wardrobe choices, investing in classics rather than trends. I assure you she didn't own a bubble necklace ;) Her food choices also reflected her lifestyle. She moved to Boston from Atlanta. Unfortunately her blog is also private, so there is no way to know if she is still blogging. Her last public post was in January 2011.
Life of a Valley Girl - Valley Girl was heartbreakingly candid about her dating life. She did not hold back any insecurities at all. Her blog was compelling and a touch racy ;) Her last public post was in 2009. Currently her blog is set to private, so AGAIN no way to know if she is actively blogging.
I'd love to hear if you read any of these blogs! Also, are there any blogs that you miss?
Monday, January 21, 2013
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Friday, January 11, 2013
Friday, January 4, 2013
I love photography. Personally, I take very average to below average pictures. What I love is looking at professional photographers websites. Even though J and I were married almost 5 years ago, I still look at wedding photographer sites.
Since Jack has come along, I also love looking at family pictures. You know. The ones where everyone coordinates their outfits. The pictures are shot in parks, fields, beaches etc. They are simply beautiful!
Lately, I've been working on a gallery wall. I wanted to incorporate pictures from our childhoods. One thing I notice is the location of the pictures. They were taken in grandparents kitchens; in the living room of the house J or I grew up in; backyards of friends. The list goes on.
The pictures bring back memories. They served as a springboard for family stories. Maybe they even made someone tear up. That's one thing these beautiful yet art directed photos are missing. Of course, the people in the pictures are still the most important. But the places? Most of the time, they were picked for beauty not sentiment.
Anyways, does this mean were never going to take professional pictures on the beach or in our favorite hipster neighborhood? Certainly not. But I have a feeling the pictures taken in our truly special places are the ones that will mean the most.
Thursday, January 3, 2013
I had been tweeting about New Year's goal setting over the past few weeks. I have three, one of which is a continuation of the previous year.
1) Obtain my PHR certification (Professional in Human Resources) - I have checked and the next time I can take the test is in May! Once I get my first new paycheck ( yes, starting a new job!), I plan to register and also purchase study materials.
2) Have one of our date nights take place at a charitable event- We will complete this in March! We are attending a benefit for a local food bank.
3) Continue words of encouragement and acts of kindness - Last year, I looked for opportunities to encourage or help. Whether it was by way of an encouragement card, baking for friends and family, helping friends with career issues, or giving an unexpected present, I tried to do out often and cheerfully. It was easier than I thought. Some of the gestures, I just felt called to do it and I got to see the results!
I hope y'all have a wonderful 2013!