Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year - 2013 goals

I had been tweeting about New Year's goal setting over the past few weeks. I have three, one of which is a continuation of the previous year.

1) Obtain my PHR certification (Professional in Human Resources) - I have checked and the next time I can take the test is in May! Once I get my first new paycheck ( yes, starting a new job!), I plan to register and also purchase study materials.

2) Have one of our date nights take place at a charitable event- We will complete this in March! We are attending a benefit for a local food bank.

3) Continue words of encouragement and acts of kindness - Last year, I looked for opportunities to encourage or help. Whether it was by way of an encouragement card, baking for friends and family, helping friends with career issues, or giving an unexpected present, I tried to do out often and cheerfully. It was easier than I thought. Some of the gestures, I just felt called to do it and I got to see the results!

I hope y'all have a wonderful 2013!

1 comment: