Sunday, June 2, 2013

Childhood Summer memories



For the past few weeks, J and I have been taking Jack to the park on the weekends. We live very close, about a 15 minute walk/stroll. Jack has tried the baby swing (he's ambivalent) and the slide (assisted by us....he loves it!). During these walks, I started to reminisce with J about childhood summer memories. Here are some of my favorites:


  • Picking honeysuckles and tasting them.
  • Catching grasshoppers.
  • Bikes rides from afternoon to dusk.
  • Running through the sprinklers.
  • Building forts on rainy days.
  • Chasing the ice cream truck down the street
  • Hanging out at my friend's "clubhouse", aka her parents' shed. Pretty sure we would pretend to be the Babysitters Club!

I hope walks to the park will be one of many memories for Jack one day!



3 comments:

  1. We had the most kick ass tree house in our back yard with a pole to slide down and a chin up/flip bar. I also remember catching lightening bugs and finding cicada skins and putting them on my brother lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is such a magical time as kids. Nothing better than an afternoon playing in the sprinklers, having a lemonade stand, staying outside late

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Katie- I used to find cicada skins and torment my fellow friends who were grossed out by bugs (because I clearly am not!) LOL

    and I had a treehouse, too. It was a platform up in the branches of a tallow tree. I would sit up there and read for hours. Oh, and I loved going in my parents' veggie garden and picking stuff and eating it straight off the vine. And building a tent in the back yard and playing back there too... making mudpies, chasing fireflies and dragon flies, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete