Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Goal Setting

Like many people, I'm a big fan of goal setting. No matter what your life situation, there are goals to be set. When I was working full time, the goals looked like this:

Short Term Goals

  • Complete policy revisions
  • Write disciplinary action
  • Complete workers compensation report
Long Term Goals
  • Develop supervisor HR survival manual
  • Take certification exam
  • Cross train in another discipline
Now that I'm staying home with Jack till December, my goals are more like this:

Short Term Goals
  • Not get spit up in my hair
  • Make it to the bathroom at least twice a day without baby incident
  • Finish a cup of coffee
Long Term Goals
  • Sleep Training
  • Parental Survival
  • Raise up our little man
It's good to have goals :)

4 comments:

  1. If you'd like a tool for setting your goals, you can use this web application:

    http://www.Gtdagenda.com

    You can use it to manage your goals, projects and tasks, set next actions and contexts, use checklists, and a calendar.
    Syncs with Evernote and Google Calendar, and also comes with mobile version, and Android and iPhone apps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful goals!

    Thank you also for the congrats! Your little one is so precious. I will have to read back through your pregnancy posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your goals! :) I think you are doing pretty well with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny! Girl, survival is the name of the game right now. Just make it to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete