Friday, September 28, 2012

The Look for Less

I miss "The Look For Less", which was a show on the Style network. Originally hosted by Elizabeth Hasselbeck, stylists would help people recreate a runway looks on a budget. They would shop in a mall and had a "time limit" of an hour. Even if staged, it was great to see ways to achieve a similar look with more budget friendly buys. The stylists would focus on silhouettes and color, rather than looking for a "knock-off".

I pinned this pair of J Crew flats earlier this year. They retail for $138.




Certainly not completely out of range, I hesitated to pull the trigger on purchasing them. However, I'm glad I did because I found these Antonio Melani flats, which retail for $59.99!


I ordered them right away. I am so pleased. They did not require any breaking in. They are 100% leather too. I think Target has a similar style as well, but my feet do not do well in Target shoes :(

So, what do you think? A good "Look for Less"?

3 comments:

  1. Pretty good match!

    I miss The Look For Less too, but I liked the original version, before they made it a contest. Remember when Elizabeth would just get like $50 and go on a Target shopping spree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that too. I liked the mall part but not the contest of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! I need to check out department stores more...

    ReplyDelete