Friday, October 12, 2012

Mixing it Up

I shared that I had purchased an orange dotted cardigan from Target. I mentioned that I had thought of 4 different ways to style the cardigan, as part of my purchasing "rationale". I hopped on Polyvore and came up with the below looks.


Orange Cardigan 4 Ways



Then I realized that all my outfits were orange and navy! I guess it does make it easier to style something new when it fits into your favorite color combination!

So I went to Twitter and asked what colors BESIDES navy, white, black and khaki would go with orange. The responses I received included purple, maroon, hot pink/magenta, teal, grey, varying shades of blue, brown, and olive. I have to say, my Twitter friends are awesome! I loved these recommendations and went back to Polyvore to put more looks together.

Orange Cardi: Twitter Style



True to my exercise, I used only what I had in my closet. I don't have a lot of pink, teal etc that is appropriate for the fall season. I would love to add another pair of colored denim to my wardrobe, but I'm resisting!

4 comments:

  1. Teal is my favorite to go with orange, other than navy! :) I almost wore orange with my navy today, but being that it's football season, um, no! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops signed in with the wrong email. That was me above!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a mustard-colored cardigan, and need to figure what other than navy I can wear it with! Love these outfits!

    ReplyDelete