Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Planning a Weekend Getaway



Jeff and I have discussed taking a weekend away before I return to work. We are fortunate to live within driving distance of fun weekend destinations. For us, the main focus of any weekend away is great dining options. From hole-in-the-wall joints to James Beard award winning restaurants, if the food is tasty and creative, we are there.

Last year, we went to Charleston, Chicago and Washington D.C. All great food cities!

We think we've selected our next destination: Atlanta! 

Jeff has never been to Atlanta, other than the airport. I went to a Braves game 10 years ago and also traveled for work in 2005. In other words, we are due a trip.

So, friends. I'd love to hear your favorite places to eat, drink and shop in Atlanta!


3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'd recommend the Food Truck park for lunch if it's a nice day. Miller Union is good for lunch too. Phipps Plaza is my favorite for shopping- the Belk has a good Lilly selection and the Lilly corporate store is there too. The bar at the St. Regis is really good people watching! And of course if you have time to grab a coffee with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say Phipps Plaza- I think that's where there is a nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, etc. :)

    Also, Atlantic Station is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to go to Atlanta! I have always wanted to visit. You definitely should meet up with Amy!

    ReplyDelete